Tuesday, March 19

Review: Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner in Neon Blue

So I thought I'd do a short post today about this eyeliner that I bought a while back due to awesome reviews. Also, Bunbun raved about it (in another colour) so that was enough for me. I picked up the Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner at Sasa at a discount, and it cost me just over $15.


The colour is a creamy royal blue, and is super pigmented.

I wanted to show the colour against minimal eyeshadow so that the true colour stands out.



Primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer, and using the white eyeshadow from NYX 10 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Strike a Pose as base, I applied the Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner across my lashline in the only way I know how - amateurishly. (Framed lashes with Silkygirl Big Eye and had a pop of Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in One Carat in the inner corners of my eyes.)

As you can see, the colour is an intense electric blue and it shows through beautifully when eyes are opened (even on my hooded eyes).

At the end of another 11-hour day, here's how it fared.

Ignore how yellow the lighting is. Night photos in my room turn out like this because of the tungsten lights.
It did transfer and there was mild smudging in the inner corner of my eye, together with some fading but it wasn't too drastic - I didn't have much cleaning off to do from the lower lashline. And it honestly, it still didn't look as bad as Pop Beauty Cat Eyes.

I do love the colour since it's so pigmented, and it adds a dash of vibrancy to your everyday look. However, I do wish that it doesn't transfer. But that has yet to happen for any pencil eyeliners (Barry M came close) so I'm definitely still looking! Next up, I ought to put it to the test with water to see if it's as waterproof as it claims to be!

No comments: