Wednesday, July 31

Review: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

Hey guys, it's been 2 weeks since - I haven't disappeared but have been a bit tied up with other stuff. Also, have got tons of photos in my camera which I haven't had time to transfer and catalogue. Really dreading the tedious cataloging, because I always end up forgetting to note down what makeup was worn on certain days. How do the beauty bloggers do it?!

So I'll do a short review today on the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara.

I have really short, stick-straight and sparse lashes which I have tried to lengthen and thicken with all kinds of serum. However, these stubborn lashes just wouldn't listen. The bottom lashes are sadder - they are non-existent. Generally, I don't like using normal mascara wands on my bottom lashes as the wands are usually too large for the lower lashes, and I always end up getting mascara on my undereye instead.

Clinique has come up with a perfect solution - a little mascara wand which is perfect to swipe the bottom wee lashes.

According to the website:

Now bottom lashes get in on the action with a brush engineered for tiny tasks and a formula that resists smears. Pair it with any mascara on top, and watch what happens. A full 90-day supply.


I don't know many mascaras which are specifically catered to bottom lashes. I guess Dejavu's Tiny Sniper comes close but I haven't tried that so I have no standards set for comparison.

This thing is tiny! It's 2ml compared to the usual full-sized mascara. For a better perspective, here's the baby next to the Dior Show Iconic.


Meh. And this Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara is not cheap, costing a sweet $38 at Sephora.


The wand is a short and slim brush, which should get to even the tiniest of lashes.


Above left: Before, Above right: After

As you can tell, it isn't a vast difference but there is a difference. From the side profile, it's slightly more obvious.


Haha sorry about the angle - didn't realise the stark angle change. My lower lashes are definitely longer and thicker in the second photo.

The formula isn't too wet, so it dries quick enough to not smear all over. It doesn't clump as well but my lower lashes are just so fine, they tend to stick to each other once this is applied. My sensitive eyes are completely fine with this mascara, and I didn't have flaking problems as well.

I don't use the Clinique Lower Lash Mascara much as I don't need it for everyday use (plus it's really pricey). But when I'm headed out for after-work dinner or a date night, I would include this in my routine to define my eyes and have an overall complete look.


Inner Half of Lid: Pink Jewel (from Sleek MakeUP's Lagoon Palette)
Outer Half of Lid: Underworld (from Sleek MakeUP's Lagoon Palette)
Eyeliner: MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Lower Lashline: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Inner Eye: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese
Bottom Lash Mascara: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

The difference isn't mind-blowing but for someone who has barely-there lower lashes, any help is better than no help at all.

Rating: 8/10

No comments: